COD celebrates Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Week October 11-16
College of DuPage will be hosting a series of free virtual events during STEM week, from Monday October 11 through Saturday October 16. The week will feature highlights on the college’s social media platforms as well as live discussions and a quiz night.
All live events take place at 7 p.m. via the college’s Facebook page.
Register on www.cod.edu to receive reminders about live STEM Week sessions.
“DuPage College continues to develop its STEM program. With expert faculty and state-of-the-art facilities, STEM Week allows us to highlight all of the amazing reasons why DuPage College is at the forefront of STEM education, ”COD STEM said. Outreach coordinator Sara Spaniol. “We invite students and community members to join in on the week’s events and explore degree options right here at COD.”
STEM Week events include:
• Monday October 11: to launch STEM week and the second season of “So that is explained” Join COD biology professor Beth Kirkpatrick and McAninch Arts Center director Diana Martinez to explore the importance of marigolds to Dia de los Muertos and the science behind the importance of flower scent.
• Tuesday, October 12: Moderated by COD Board Chair Maureen Dunne, learn why alumni chose COD to begin their STEM studies, as well as how their college experience prepared them for further education and development. career. During the discussion, panelists will be available to answer questions.
• Wednesday October 13: visit the COD Twitter account food to learn why STEM is important and explore the careers of COD alumni working in STEM fields around the world.
• Thursday October 14: Visit COD’s Facebook stories to learn more about the college’s STEM transfer programs and how students can finance their education.
• Friday October 15: Visit COD’s Instagram Stories to receive a virtual tour of the college’s unique STEM spaces and get a glimpse of what a day in the life of a STEM student means.
Starting at 7 p.m., test your STEM knowledge at STEM Week Trivia Night. All people and teams are welcome. Participants can access the game using the TrivNow website or TrivNow Application with the code WED6. Participants can also join the live video feed on Tic.
• Saturday, October 16: Join Florida-based theme park engineers known as STEAM SQUAD for a webinar discussion as they share how they made their professional dreams come true. Plus, watch science experiments that are easy to recreate using household materials. This webinar is free but requires pre-registration to receive the webinar link.
Learn more about COD STEM week at www.cod.edu.
The Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) division of the College of DuPage offers a wide range of programs and courses for students who want to learn more about how and why natural systems work on Earth and in the universe. From mathematics and chemistry to earth sciences, engineering and physics, COD’s science, technology, engineering and mathematics division offers students a myriad of fields of study.