The CSIR-National Institute of Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (CSIR-NIIST), Thiruvananthapuram, will host an international conference on Chemistry and Applications of Soft Materials (CASM 2022) as part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations marking the 75th anniversary of independence. Discussions on a variety of topics including self-assembly and supramolecular materials, chemistry of soft materials, physics, rheology and photophysics, reactive and intelligent materials, gels, liquid crystals, polymers, macromolecules and structural materials, functional nanomaterials, as well as applications of flexible materials in electronics and energy, will take place during the conference.
- The conference is expected to attract at least 300 delegates from inside and outside the country, the official added.
- The event will be inaugurated by a renowned scientist T Pradeep from Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
- The conference, according to Ajayaghosh, CSIR-NIIST Director and Conference Chair, will provide researchers and students with the ideal setting to share ideas and create new partnerships in the field of soft materials.
- The Department of Science and Technology (DST) will sponsor a session on flexible materials for energy applications and presentations showcasing technology development initiatives at CSIR-NIIST will also be presented, depending on Narayanan UnniCSIR-NIIST scientist and conference organizer.
- A special session will be organized to recognize A Ajayaghosh’s contributions to science.
Important points to remember for all competitions:
- CSIR-NIIST Director and Conference Chair: Ajayaghosh
Find more summits and conferences here