Microfluidics to Address Pandemics – SARS-CoV-2 and Beyond: 2-day conference March 1-2, 2022
DUBLIN, February 11, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Microfluidics to cope with pandemics – SARS-CoV-2 and beyond” training has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus pandemic is evolving, and the various variants currently driving the pandemic forward are responsible for morbidity, mortality, and economic stress around the world.
This 2-day conference was held on-site as a regular physical conference at the Hilton Rotterdam, Netherlands takes an in-depth look at the current role of microfluidic technologies in SARS-CoV-2 testing (circa 2022) and expectations for the future role of microfluidics in pandemic management.
The conference brings together companies engaged in this space, from top diagnostics companies to emerging companies providing technical solutions in this space – providing them with a platform to showcase their technology/offer to the community and engage.
In addition to presentations, there will be posters to highlight late-breaking technologies and developments.
This conference is chaired by Dr. Holger Beckerscientific director and co-founder of microfluidic ChipShop GmbH and key opinion leader in the field of microfluidics and lab-on-a-chip.
Main topics covered:
- Impact of Microfluidic/Lab-on-a-Chip Technologies for Point-of-Care (POC) Diagnostic Applications
- Lateral flow tests
- Impact of microfluidics on SARS-CoV-2 screening tests: current and future state
- Technical solutions for rapid COVID-19 tests
- Nucleic acid diagnostic tests and rapid tests: evolution of space
- Organoids and organs on chips to model SARS-CoV-2 infection ex vivo
- Rapid biodetection of pathogens and identification of threats: pandemics and biomonitoring
- Rapid diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 and global health
- Vaccine development
- Holger BeckerScientific Director, Microfluidics ChipShop GmbH
- Emmanuel Delamarche, Senior Director, Spiden AG
- Nicole Pamme, professor of analytical chemistry, Stockholm University
- Danilo TagléDirector, Office of Special Initiatives, National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences at the NIH (NCATS)
- Steve SoperFoundation Professor Emeritus, Director, Multiscale Biomodular System Center for Precision Medicine, The University of KansasAssistant Professor, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology
Speakers confirmed to date
- James BoianiPartner, Epstein Becker & Green, PC
- Yongsheng ChengCEO and Co-Founder, PixelBiotech GmbH
- Andrea ChowSenior Vice President of Engineering, Ontera Inc.
- Peter Ertlprofessor of laboratory systems on a chip, Vienna University of Technology
- Jonathan D Posner, Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Chemical Engineering, University of Washington
- Jun Ho SonCTO, Kryptos Biotechnologies, Inc.
- Mickey UrdeaFounding Partner and Director, Halteres Associates
- Paul YagerProfessor, Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington
For more information on this training, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/a2dudv
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets