The Ukrainian Bar Association invites you to participate in the first international conference on agrarian law, organized in partnership with the agrarian law section of the International Bar Association.
Date and place: September 23, 2021, online, 3:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Kiev time
Date and location: September 24, 2021, Radisson Blu Hotel, 22, Yaroslaviv Val str. Kiev, Ukraine, 9:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Kiev time
Warning! Pre-registration is required to participate
The conference is a platform and a unique opportunity to discuss current legal problems in agriculture, find solutions to current challenges, train the capacity to protect rights in the agricultural business and, of course, to exchange experiences.
The conference will bring together representatives of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the EBRD, the World Bank, major investors international and local members of the agricultural sector, the main legal advisers of the main agricultural enterprises. and recognized national and international experts in agrarian law.
Extensive program with hot topics, exclusive analyzes and perspectives, the opportunity to exchange valuable experiences and establish business contacts.
** The conference will adhere to all adaptive quarantine standards.
1 Online conference day
Date and time: September 23, 2021 (online) 3:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. (Kyiv time)
Focus on the subject
Liberalization of the land market. Good practices of land reform
– Global experience in land reform: comparative study of global best practices
– Opening of the Ukrainian land market: new opportunities and first results
Climate change. Green agreement. Sustainable development
– Impact of climate change on agriculture and food security
– Benefits of sustainable development in agriculture and its impact on sustainable production and transport
Technology, agriculture and trade
– Responsible use of high-tech products
– Regulation of GMOs in the agricultural sector: overview and trends of GMOs from a global perspective
– Food export to the EU: market access – administrative formalities – quality requirements
– Blockchain: technical and practical aspects
2 Conference day
Date and time: September 24, 2021 (offline), 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. (Kyiv time)
Place: Radisson Blu Hotel, 22 Yaroslaviv Val Street. Kiev, Ukraine
Focus of subjects
– Results of the opening of the agricultural land market
– Land consolidation
– Problems implementing tenant privileges
– Participation of Ukrainian and foreign actors in the agricultural land market
– Emergence of new players
– Legal difficulties in concluding contracts for the transfer of agricultural land
– Legal and practical possibility of acquiring pre-emptive rights
International trade and dispute settlement
– Added value or increased trade volume
– Local and international risks for trade
– Statutory regulation vs market
– GAFTA rules and arbitration for contracts in Ukraine
– Harvest disputes
– Capital investments in infrastructure
– Irrigation reform
– Law on inland waterway transport
Technology in the agro-industry
– Meteorology and intelligent agroecology
– News: rough exports, twists and turns, shady rentals
– Best practices.
All speeches by foreign experts will benefit from synchronized interpretation.
PARTICIPATION AND PARTNERSHIP QUESTIONS
+ 38 (044) 492-88-48
Tatiana Osaulenko – event coordinator
MEDIA COVERAGE AND ACCREDITATION:
+ 38 (044) 492-88-48
Yuliya Matvyeyeva – Public Relations and International Partnerships Coordinator
Interfax âUkraine – media partner of the event